Monday, July 5, 2021

July Twenty Twenty-One

Summer of 2021

We have been working hard to survive this ongoing pandemic. I am doing the best I can in promoting awareness around Postpartum/perinatal OCD and sending along resources to new moms/moms-to-be/mom friends. 

Transitions and change are always difficult. This is why routine is so nice, because predictability is inevitable when you are living in a routine. Whether it's a transition from a Magic Merlin sleep suit, into a crib from a bassinet, a new home, a facing forward carseat, it's all challenging! 

By simply putting a name on my "condition" made it way less scary! Sometimes I feel like, "enough is enough" and very overwhelmed, but I know it's my "OCD" and I am capable of pushing away my intrusive thoughts. My mental health feels more empowered than anything. I feel I have control over so much more now. I have less anxiety. I sleep through the night. I'm enjoying each moment with my husband and silly toddler. 

I have my life back, more or less and I am aware of my OCD. I have my husband who is the most patient and understanding person and my mother who helped reassure me that I truly am "okay." My network of mom friends is always growing and I love connecting with moms of all different backgrounds.

Please reach out to me if you want a new friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips & Tricks with perinatal OCD

 Hello! I wanted to mention a few tips and tricks that have helped me with my OCD and share them all with you! When you have an intrusive t...